August 28, 2026

 


Friday Focus

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great first full week of school. I know I am a little more tired than I have been in a while. 

I want to thank everyone for hitting our policies hard with the students. If we continue to do this, the rest of the year will be much easier. I am taking cell phones and earbuds from students when I see them with them in the hallway during class time. My guess is the students didn't believe we would do this. 

I think the start of the year has gone very smoothly, this in large part due to all of you. Again, thank you for all you do for our students. With the start of September, we do have 2 building in-service days this month. CIA will send agendas out to the staff the week we have those inservices. 

As some of you started to hear this week, Nohava has moved onto the high school to replace our roof and skylights. Most of the skylights in the classrooms will be done this week. Next week they will be doing the skylight in the library. This will shut the library down until they complete the work. It will be loud at times with the installation, but please do the best that you can. There is not much Adam and I can do to quiet it down. 

Those of you that teach concurrent classes, please remember to have the students sign the waiver from WIT so we can talk with parents. I'll put together a spreadsheet and share it with you so you are aware if they signed the waiver or not. Please double check that the students fill it out correctly. They need to list their parent's names. I have had some in the past come back with no names listed and I had to have Amy track them down to get it corrected.

One final reminder that all students have the ALICE Training today. Freshmen will be during 2nd hour, Sophomores during 3rd, Juniors during 4th, and Seniors during 6th. I am having the report straight to the Little Theater. If your class is for that grade level, I would like you to stay and help monitor the students during this time. If you have a mixed grade level class, you may stay back with the other grade level. I would like the aides to attend the training with the students so they can have the refresher also.

Please make sure your Welcome Letters are in the shared drive. I will be going through those this weekend. I will also be updating my spreadsheet with the trainings. Please make sure you give me a copy of your certificate for the seizure training, espeically if you didn't use the AEA Learning Online. You also need to fill out the google forms for Bloodborne, Homeless, and Title IX. Required Trainings

Reminders/Due Dates 
  • Sept . 3 - Evac Drill @ 9:25 am
  • Sept. 16 - first professional development day
  • Sept. 25 - Tier 2 Plans due Sept. 25 in shared drive.
  • Sept. 30 - second professional development day
Enjoy the weekend!

Mark

Assistant Principal's Happenings

Good morning and Happy Friday!

A few reminders, in case you have forgotten during our busy first week:

Here is the email and copy of the Oversight Review Committee's building procedures.  Remember, this is my checklist, not yours.  Don't become overwhelmed.  Business as usual -- keep doing your great work with kids.

Please vote here for the 3rd "R": link , if you haven't already.

Teachers, you must review all accommodations/modifications for all IEPs and 504's via PowerSchool and sign this acknowledgment form.  Please have this completed by Monday at 4pm.


Moss


Upcoming Activities


Friday, Aug. 28
7:00 pm V Football vs. CB AL

Saturday, Aug. 29
11:30 am Girls Tennis vs. SC East @ Council Bluffs AL
2:00 pm Girs Tennis @ CB AL

Monday, Aug. 31
10:00 am Boys Golf @ Willow Creek
6:00 pm JV Football @ CB AL

Tuesday, Sept. 1
4:00 pm Girls Tennis vs. SBL
4:30 pm JVR Volleyball @ Lewis Central
5:30 pm JV Volleyball @ Lewis Central
7:00 pm V Volleyball @ Lewis Central

Thursday, Sept. 3
4:00 pm Girls Tennis @ Heelan
4:30 pm Girls Swimming 

Friday, Sept. 4
4:00 pm JVR Football @ Heelan
6:00 pm Cross Country @ SF
7:00 pm V Football @ Heelan

Saturday, Sept. 5
8:30 am V Volleyball @ Glenwood

Monday, Sept. 7
6:00 pm JV Football @ SC North

Tuesday, Sept. 8
10:00 am Boys Golf @ Whispering Woods Golf Course
4:00 pm Girls Tennis vs Storm Lake
5:00 pm Cross Country @ Prairie Rose Golf Club

Thursday, Sept. 10
10:00 am Boys Golf @ Willow Creek
4:00 pm Girls Tennis vs ELC
5:30 pm Girls Swimming @ Fort Dodge

Friday, Sept. 11
7:00 pm V Football vs Sioux Center

Saturday, Sept. 12
8:30 am JV Volleyball @ SC North

Monday, Sept. 14
9:00 am Girls Tennis @ SC North
4:30 pm JVR Volleyball @ SC West
6:00 pm JV Football @ SBL
6:30 pm JV Volleyball @ SC East

Tuesday, Sept. 15
10:00 am Boys Golf @ Whispering Creek
4:00 pm Girls Tennis @ Cherokee
4:30 pm JVR Volleyball @ SBL
5:30 pm JV Volleyball @ SBL
5:30 pm Cross Country @ Storm Lake
5:30 pm Girls Swimming @ Carroll
7:00 pm V Volleyball @ SBL

Thursday, Sept. 17
4:30 pm Cross Country @ SBL
4:30 pm JVR Volleyball vs. CB TJ
5:30 pm JV Volleyball vs. CB TJ
7:00 pm V Volleyball vs CB TJ

Friday, Sept. 18
7:00 pm V Football vs. MOC

Saturday, Sept. 19
8:00 am Bulldog Battle of the Bands
8:30 am V Volleyball @ Cherokee
9:00 am JV Volleyball @ Unity
10:30 am Girls Swimming @ Fort Dodge






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 15, 2026

March 6, 2026

September 19, 2025